|The Nacen Quarterly|
Volume 3 Issue 1
|You are here: Home->Invitation for Guest Faculty|
Invitation for Guest Faculty
The IRS (C&CE) Officers join National Academy of Customs, Excise and Narcotics (NACEN) as Probationers after their Foundation Course. The total duration of training is approximately two years (including the Foundation Course). After successful completion of probations, the officers are posted as Assistant Commissioners in various Customs, Central Excise and Service Tax Formations under Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Government of India. The training provided to the officers at NACEN is extremely important in their career.
The officers of the department play a pivotal role in not only the collection of revenue for the Government of India but also as a “Guardian of Economic Frontier” of
The officers are, therefore, trained not only in the area of Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax and Narcotics during their probation, but also imparted training in Law, Administration, Accounting & Auditing, Hindi (Official Language) Public Finance and International Trade etc. They are also given Physical Training and Yoga to improve their physical fitness.
The Academy also has a number of sports facilities like Badminton, Lawn Tennis, Table Tennis, Squash, Billiards, Swimming Pool etc at its campus which are open to the Probationers, Faculties of NACEN and other officers who are undergoing training in the campus.
THE COURSE OFFERED FOR TRAINING
The Probationers are required to take regular classes on a number of subject and pass the examination that are conducted by NACEN. The successful completion of Probation in NACEN is a necessary condition for the continuation of the Probationers in the services.
The approximate duration of the courses for which the Guest Faculties are required are as following:-
1. Customs (100 Hours)
2. Central Excise (100 Hours)
3. Service Tax (50 Hours)
4. Accounting and Audit (75 Hours)
5. Law (50 Hours)
6. Administration (50 Hours)
7. Public Finance (50 Hours)
8. International Trade (25 Hours)
9. Official Language (25 Hours)
10. Information Technology (50 Hours)
11. Communication Skill (50 Hours)
Outsourcing of Sports/PT/Yoga
These courses are to be taken daily. The PT and Yoga courses shall be conducted in the morning hours. The Sports couches are mostly required in the evening. The Gymnasium is open in the morning as well as in the evening.
INVITATION OF GUEST FACULTY
The Guest Faculty shall be responsible for the giving lecture, taking and evaluating tests & assignments and providing other teaching material to the Probationers. The terms and conditions for the appointment as Guest faculty including, remuneration, desired qualification, syllabus and other relevant information are as per the Terms & Conditions stated below.
The Complete Syllabus of the individual Papers are available on this website (See Syllabus).
The applications are invited for training of the Probationers for its centers at
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The appointment as Guest Faculty is purely on contractual basis for the present batch (61st batch) of the Probationers.
2. The Faculty may be a working/retired officer of the Government expertise/qualification in the relevant field or a working/retired Teacher a minimum 10 years of teaching experience in the area of the course.
3. The appointment and continuation of the Guest Faculty shall be on the basis of the feedback received from the trainee.
4. The Guest faculty shall be paid Honorarium as per the rates approved by Government of India for Central Training Establishments. The present rate of honorarium is Rs 500/- per session to the serving government officers and Rs 1000/- per session to non-serving officers/others. The experts/eminent resource person may be paid upto an amount of Rs 4000/- per session.
5. The Guest Faculty for the NACEN Faridabad must be located in Delhi NCR region and for NACEN Mumbai be located in Mumbai. The pickup and facility shall be arranged by the Academy as far as possible. Alternatively, Guest faculty can make their own arrangement for transportation and a lump-sum travel expense of Rs 300/-per day shall be paid by the Academy.
6. The duration of a session is normally 50/75 minutes. However, the duration of the sessions can be modified depending upon the requirement of the course.
7. The normal size of a class shall be around 60 officers.
8. The Guest Faculty shall take the lecture as per the appointed date, time and place for the duration of the course. He shall be responsible for the conduct of the entire course including providing lecture notes, reading material, conducting and evaluation of the tests and assignments.
9. The services of the Guest Faculty can be discontinued at any time, if his performance is not found satisfactory.
HOW TO APPLY?
The persons willing to take the courses may apply as following
A. Departmental Courses
In respect of departmental courses like Customs, Central Excise and Service Tax, the training is imparted on the theoretical and practical aspect. The theoretical training can be provided by the permanent faculty of NACEN or the Guest Faculty who must be either serving or retired officers of the department or an expert in the area. The practical training is provided by the In-Service officers who are preferably holding a departmental post in the relevant area or have the current knowledge of the subject. Hence these courses are offered only for ed topics.
The Guest Faculty applying for he departmental courses shall, therefore, indicate their area of expertise and experience in the field for which they wishes to be considered as Guest Faculty.
The guest faculty shall be usually paid Honorarium @ Rs 500/Rs 1000 per hour. Higher rates of Honorarium shall be considered only in exceptional case for which the faculty must indicate the proper reason and justification for the same.
The application for departmental courses must be sent to Faridabad/Mumbai either by email or by post/courier.
Each envelop must clearly mention on the top “Application for Guest Faculty for the Course <Name of course>”. The subject of email should be “Application for Guest Faculty for the Course <Name of course>”
B. Non-Departmental Courses
All courses except the departmental courses are to be outsourced as complete course. The interested person must therefore take the responsibility of teaching the entire course including other allied activities like taking and evaluating tests and quizzes, preparing and providing the course material for the course etc.
Therefore, the interested person can either choose to teach the course based on the Honorarium or they can bid for the entire course.
The persons who are interested to teach the course based on Honorarium may send their application either by email or by post at the addresses indicated below. Each envelop must clearly mention on the top “Application for Guest Faculty for the Course <Name of course>”. The subject of email should be “Application for Guest Faculty for the Course <Name of course>”
The person interested to teach the entire course must send their Bid (including their CV and experience in the area) for the complete courses in a sealed envelop which should reach NACEN Faridabad/Mumbai by 7th December 2009.
Each envelop must clearly mention on the top “Bid for the Outsourcing of Course <Name of course>”
NO BID SHALL BE ACCEPTED BY EMAIL.
All bids received after 7th December shall be rejected.
The ion of the Guest Faculty shall be made based on their qualification and experience in the relevant area and the feedback received from the Probationers/Faculty. Therefore, all persons whose names are ed provisionally for the course may be asked to take upto 4 lectures on the topics ed by Course Director on trail basis on which only Honorarium shall be paid. Their continuation or final ion shall be made based on the feedback received from the Probationers and the Faculty of the NACEN.
ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE
The addresses on which the invitation of guest faculty and bid for the outsourcing of courses shall be sent are as following
Dr A K Singh
Course Director (Probationers),
Sector 29, Faridabad-121008
Mr Sunil Jain,
Course Director (Probationers),
|(You are Visitor Number : 1747148)|
National Academy of Customs Excise and Narcotics (NACEN) Faridabad